Sunday, July 18, 2010

OH, that is what she meant!

My mother, who keeps my children often, has mentioned several times about how Lucifer has taken over Brady.  Not sure she used that name or one relevant BUT I sure found out what she was talking about yesterday. 

I woke up first with Brady.  He was screaming under his door for his daddy or I to come get him.  My first mistake: I got up instead of dad.  (insert laugh)  I should have asked daddy to but I actually think I was feeding Carson at the time anyway.  My second mistake: I should have let him stay in there until he went back to sleep.  UGH.  I enter his room from the bathroom door and he automatically started crying.  I had Carson too so I was trying to figure out if I wanted to stay up there and play or go downstairs.  I ended up taking them down because Brady needed to eat.  I mean needed in the strongest sense of the word.  He hadn't hardly eaten at all the day before which could have had a whole lot to do with his state of mind on this day.

All I am going to say now is that the first ten minutes of the day told the whole story for the rest of the day.  I was poked, kicked, slapped in the face, spit at, and screamed at with each move.  NO kidding!  Parents of 2 year olds listen up.  I urge you to NOT open the door if they are already screaming under it AND if you do, put them back to sleep right away!

I ended up (dramatically speaking) throwing open our bedroom door, nudging him in and frantically telling Kevin if he didn't get up and take him I might have to do something I shouldn't.  I then went outside for a few minutes, took some much needed deep breaths and sat on the swing.  (AND he was like that the rest of the day truely)  I know he didn't mean to do anything he did but my feelings were hurt.  I know some of you know what I mean.  Here I have my 2 1/2 year old hitting and pinching me and not wanting to do anything I try to do for him.  There is only one possible reason, he's 2 1/2.  You thought I was going to say something else!  LOL  Don't worry.  It's just another day in paradise...that's what I sing when we're having a day such as that.  Makes it all seem better (insert laugh).

Lessons learned in this episode:
1)  Let the other spouse get up with the kids in the morning.
2) If they are screaming from the start, put them back to bed.

How to stay sane:
1) Take 10 min. of "timeout" for a few deep breaths
2) Tell yourself you're a great parent
3) Take the kids outside (always seems to work)

No comments:

Post a Comment