Thursday, September 23, 2010

When Mommy Goes Out

So, this is how last night went:

To set the scene - I went to Lowes to pick up some hardwood floors we ordered.  They ended up being the wrong color. I had to call home in hopes that Kevin could find the receipt for the ones we ordered 2 years ago.  (It was also my weekly mommy's night out, though I took Carson.  Kendra and Brady were at home.) 

Me: (calling Kevin to tell him about the floors)
Kevin: "Hello"
Me:  "These floors are the wrong color.  Can you look for a receipt to find a catalog number?" "Call me back."
Kevin:  (noise in background - kids) "Yes"

Me: (waiting...waiting...waiting...talking to nice older clerk about how women are always right :-))

Kevin: "Where would the folder be (kids yelling, playing in background)?"
Me: "I think I made a Lowes file or Home Improvement." 
Kevin: "Ok"
Me: "Do you have it?  Can you find the catalog number?"
Kevin: "No, I haven't found it yet" (Click) (Kids yelling, Brady audibly getting into something)

Me: (He hung up on me) (continued talking to the clerk.  Decided to just return the wood at this time)

phone rings...

Kevin: (on speaker, kids yelling, lots of noise) "I found the receipt.  What kind of number do you need?"
Me: "He says he needs a catalog number and it should be on the receipt."
Kevin: (still a lot of noise) "I have an item number."
Me: "Give me that." (Wrote it down. Asked clerk it that would work.  He said catalog number would be the best)  (Kevin yells at Brady to put it down.  Lots of noise from phone.  Kendra crying/screaming.)
Kevin: "Brady is throwing 2x4 over the railing from upstairs." "Brady, stop, put that down...." (Kendra screaming)
Me: (giggling) Go take care of him... (no reply)  "Babe, go get him".... (no reply)  (hung up phone)
Me to clerk: "Oh, my 2 yr old is throwing 2x4's over the railing at home.  (giggling again)  That's what happens when mommy leaves the house." :-)

a minute goes by....phone rings
Me: "Go take care of the kids.  We'll figure it out."
Kevin:  "I did.  I put Brady in his room."  (Conversation finishes)

And all is right with the world again....hahaha...except mommy is still out and daddy is at home with two kids.
Imagine if all 3 would have been home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment